Rochdale Triathlon Grand Prix 2021
A quick update on the proposed Grand Prix race series for 2021 and some changes for this year as to how its gong to work. Attached is a list of the events carried over from 2020, they will still apply to the race series if anyone has entries deferred. However, i am aware that some races are already full, have limited availability or have waiting lists. As such some members may not be able to get on these races even if they wanted to take part. So for 2021 the race series will run as follows:
- ANY 3 RACES TO COUNT TOWARDS THE GRAND PRIX SERIES
- IF YOU WISH TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE GRAND PRIX SERIES YOU NEED TO SEND ME DETAILS OF THE RACES YOU ARE ATTENDING AND I WILL ADD THEM TO THE LIST TO UPDATE THE RESULT
- ANY RACES WITH 10 OR MORE RTC ATHLETES WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE A GRAND PRIX RACE
- ENSURE YOU REGISTER AS ROCHDALE TRIATHLON TO MAKE IT EASIER TO FIND/RECORD THE RESULTS
- THE BEST 3 RACES TO COUNT BASED ON DANNY PARRS FORMULA OF AGE GROUP RANKINGS. SO ITS NOT NECESSARILY THE FASTEST PERSON FOR ANY RACE WHO WILL WIN, EVERYONE HAS A CHANCE
Obviously this is a different format to previous years and will undoubtedly cause me a load of work. But i thought it only fair with some races already being full and there not being a definitive list of races released to date to give every member an opportunity to race and be involved in the race series.. It will take some work on your part to send me details and i will send out reminders throughout the year to remind you of the process.
Hopefully we can get some racing in and i will update any details i can as and when race details and dates are released.
Any questions please ask